This Challenge asks each team to examine and attempt to chart out the future of local flora or fauna that is threatened or threatening in some manner.
Create a three-minute documentary about the past, present, and predicted future of a local plant or animal that has experienced a significant population growth or decline over the past 50 years in your state or region.
- Choose a local plant or animal that has experienced a significant population growth or decline over the past 50 years.
- Hint: You might want to focus on new/introduced/invasive species or threatened/endangered species.
- Research history of the species in your state, using at least two different media formats – the Internet, newspaper, magazine, or book.
- Field guides might be handy!
- The documentary must contain interviews from at least two real people in your community.